Good health by occupying pleasant, stimulating environments that support wellbeing.
The environmentally well person recognizes the earth’s preciousness, and strives to minimize wasteful consumption or unnecessary destruction of animals, plant, elements, or energy. S/he engages in recycling and conservation, protects natural resources, and strives for living spaces free of health hazards. An environmentally well person also is concerned with personal safety and is aware of his/her surroundings.
- Am I aware of human impact on the environment?
- Do I recycle, reduce, and reuse?
- Do I find time to spend outdoors in nature?
- Do I work to ensure stability and longevity of our natural resources?
- Volunteer to participate in a clean-up project
- Recycle more often
- Participate in a neighborhood watch program
- Attend a CWC event/activity for environmental health
We’ll focus on the environmental dimension of health in April-June 2017.