Recognizing the need for physical activity, healthy foods, and sleep.
The physically well person eats when hungry and selects a varied and nutritionally balanced diet. S/he also gets an adequate amount of sleep, engages in moderate to vigorous exercise 3-5 times a week, gets routine medical check-ups appropriate to his or her age and risk factors, and takes safety precautions.
- Am I exercising regularly?
- Is my diet balanced?
- Do I get 6-8 hours of sleep on average/night?
- Do I practice moderation in all areas of my life?
- Am I safe when it comes to my sexual interactions?
- Get an annual physical exam or dental exam
- Eat three servings of vegetables a day
- Exercise moderately to vigorously at least 3-5 times a week for at least a half hour
- Try “Forest Bathing”!
- Attend a CWC event/activity for physical health
Eat healthfully when you dine out! Learn about Adams County’s Healthy Dining Partners!
We’ll focus on the physical dimension of health in July-September 2017.
(Featured photo from Healthy Adams Bicycle/Pedestrian, Inc.’s 2016 Bike Rodeo: Darryl Wheeler/Gettysburg Times)