Developing a sense of connection, belonging, and a well-developed support system.
The socially well person has a network of friends and family to whom she or he can turn for support, validation, and sharing of life experiences. These relationships are based on interdependence (rather than codependence), mutual trust and respect, equity of power, and cultural competence.
- Do I like myself as a person?
- Do I interact easily with people of different ages, backgrounds, races, and lifestyles?
- Do I connect well with others and foster healthy friendships?
- Can I communicate my feelings effectively?
- Do I do a good job at balancing time between responsibilities and relaxation?
- Join a club of interest
- Volunteer for a local organization
- Attend a CWC event/activity for Social Health
We’ll focus on the social dimension of health in October-December 2016.